Sunday, August 8, 2010

Just a little bit of Hope

So being in year 12 is a major cause of stress. Having 2 majors, with the HSC exams fast approaching its hard to get a breath of fresh air. Whats my motivation? The fact that I get a 3 month holiday afterward. I simply can't wait. Summer Nights, strolling the stress, beach daily, being able to sit in the sun reading a book with absolutely no agenda to adhere to (I terribly miss this, as the only books i've had time to set eyes on are HSC texts). But overriding all those wonderful thing is my reborn passion for art. I've always been a crafty person, sketchy little things here and there, dazing of in class thinking of little designs. So over the past 2 years doing Visual Arts as one of my chosen topics has really opened my eyes to a new world. I used to whine when my mum would drag me to art galleries. Not any more, i've dragged friends along to them and can't wait to go exploring in my summer break and finding artists from anywhere and everywhere. Personal favourite of mine is the MCA (Museum of Contemporary Art in Sydney). Truely amazing. My mum, the reason I came to discover art, is currently volunteering here and there at the MCA. I'm terribly jealous. She was emailed the other day about helping one of the artists create/setup their artwork as its an installation/sculputure. I would more than happily do that with my spare time. She asked if i wanted to help too, but nooo HSC has to steal my spare time doesnt it. On the topic of art i figured i'd go on a tangent of my plans for next year. While my dream degree would be a bachelor of Fine Arts in Drawing and Painting at COFA (college of fine arts) to bad dad doesnt support it. Instead im aiming for second best a Bachelor of Interior Architecture. ATAR of 87.10 here I come. Fingers crossed.

Anyways heres a picture of one of my art majors. I have fixed it a tiny bit since this photo, otherwise its done. Oh and the photo isnt great quality cause it was taken on my phone haha.


"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up."
Pablo Picasso

No comments:

Post a Comment